by Kate Matthews
THE ABUNDANCE of fresh, locally grown and harvested food around right now is a great reason to celebrate. And with holiday mode in full swing, there’s no better excuse than to head off to a northern NSW market to do a little hunting and collecting.
Research from the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry reveals a conservative estimate of farmers markets in NSW to be around 43, with 152 nationally. We’ve counted 18 dedicated farmers markets in Northern NSW – that’s almost half of ALL farmers markets in NSW! With new markets popping up all the time, there’s sure to be one near you.
Principles of Farmers Markets
LOOKING for a FARMERS MARKET in Northern NSW? Check out the North Coast Farmers Market Directory
Are you a market lover, stall holder or market organiser? Don’t forget to subscribe to North Coast Markets to receive email updates! You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook. You’ll find all the links you need on the right hand side of this page! >>>
- A growing appetite for farmers’ markets (precinctnews.wordpress.com)
- Yamba Farmers Market (northcoastmarketsnsw.com.au)
- Farmigo takes the farmers market online (sfgate.com)
- A trip to the farmer’s market (berries.com)
- Top 10 Farmers Markets in the UK and around the world (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- Get Back to Earth and Visit a New Zealand’s Farmers Market (gorentals.co.nz)